Best Software for Pocket PC?

Guest Ron_L

This is a slight twist on the Software thread below... What is the best software for route planning and moving maps for a Pocket PC? I've looked at the web pges for OziExplorerCE, but it doesn't do route planning. I've also looked at the web site for Teletype, and it sounds good, but I'd like to see if anyone has used it on a Pocket PC and an external GPSR (Magellan Map 300 to be specific, but it shouldn' really matter, should it?)

...ron

Guest dan_edwards_1966

on here... http://www.microsoft.com/pocketstreets/

It does not sound like it does route planning though.

If I recall right from when I had a WindowsCE device, Pocket Streets is included with Microsoft Streets and Trips, and it can be had pretty cheaply at Costco and Sam?s Club. Overall I really loved Streets and Trips, and it exported to WindowsCE really well. I would assume that Microsoft has only improved on it with PocketPC.

Guest AZMark

Well if anyone wants more info on this one please feel free to email me, I've done quite a bit of research on the topic.

azmark61@aol.com

Teletype is an ok package, it has the route planning and it's maps are highly condensed. It is also one of the only software vendors that allows you to use your own gpsr serially. Although the may have problems with 3rd party PCMCIA and CF gpsrs.

Ozi also supports other gpsrs but you have to scan your own maps, making it combersom and storage unfriendly.

I've not found any package that is geocaching friendly, I have seen a garmin eMap and I think that something like that on the PocketPC would be great!

My system is,,,,32meg iPaq, 64meg CF card, Teletype, Magellan 315, serial cable, auto adapter.

AZMark