Sportrak Map Questions

New Sportrak constantly turns its self off. Some times it will run 10 minutes but usually after only 3 to 5 minutes is shuts it's self down. I have the auto power off timer set to OFF. In a half hours time I have to Re-boot it mabe 4 or 5 times, this is gettiing old. Is this common or do I have a defective unit. It's only 20 days old. Thanks DD

quote:
Originally posted by BonnieandClyde:

I recently bought a Sportrak Pro and it turns off a lot! Does anyone know how to fix?

I recently bought a Sportrak Pro too and I have the same problem. I was wondering if you have solved this problem yet and if yes, how?

icon_confused.gif

My Meridian was doing this over the weekend...it was really ticking me off, especially since I was tracking down a cache and it's been working perfectly for almost 11 months now.

When I got back to the car, I checked the battery compartment, and indeed one of the AA cells had shifted outward a bit...probably just enough that it intermittently zapped out. I re-seated the batteries and all was well.

Don't know if this situation is applicable to the Sportrak's or not...haven't seen what the battery compartment looks like on those.