What model GPS is everyone using? III

Guest mcb

Guest jmcnally

Basic eTrex, which I bought last week on a visit to SF. It helped me find my first two caches, though I know that if I get serious about this, I'll want something better one day...

Guest no limit hunter

e-trex vista - its accurate down to 3 meters and you cant beat all the extra features. if youre looking to buy a new unit, buy the legend or vista, they are the best on the market right now as far as personal devices go.the legend is the same except it doesnt have a digital compass or altimeter.

Guest Hadrian

I picked up a Magellan 310 a couple of days ago BUT found that it wasn't quite accurate enough, so I returned it and picked up the eTrex Basic unit. Much better.

Hadrian

Guest TresOkies

Garmin eMap with 8 Mb data card and MapSource and a Garmin StreetPilot III in the pickup.

The StreetPilot is great for getting to the general area because it does street-level routing. It's too big to use for geocaching and it only lasts 2 hours on 6(!) AA batteries. It has a power adapter and isn't intended to be removed from the vehicle, but I have used it for a few caches when my wife had the eMap.

Guest Hounddog

I use a Magellan Map330 with Australian mapping standard. This unit works fine but doesn't seem to behave itself and hold the signals as well as my old Magellan 300 when under tree cover. The accuracy is the same for both units.

Guest Dinsdale

Gamin eMap with 8 Meg data card and Metroguide maps. I love my eMap.

I also have an old Eagle Explorer which I don't use any more.

- Dinsdale

Guest jdreilly

I have a Garmin Etrex Legend. (Maybe when people register, they could be prompted for the type of GPS they use. The results could be posted on a special page.)

Guest fishmagic

Purchased my Mag 315 yesterday, took it out this morning, and pretty much have it down. I was surprised at how simple it was to use. Hope to take the family out this afternoon to find our first cache.

Guest Cucumber Jones

I have been using the magellan attachment for the palm V, but on order is my brand new garmin gps map 76! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for this thread -- it helped me a lot in making the decision!

-Cuke

Guest Cucumber Jones

I have been using the magellan attachment for the palm V, but on order is my brand new garmin gps map 76! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for this thread -- it helped me a lot in making the decision!

-Cuke

Since it's misspelled in the first message, I thought I'd tell everyone I'm still using my 2-3 year old LOWRANCE GlobalNav12.

It acquires quite well, has a PC interface and was an easy step up from an old Eagle Explorer I had used.

It just lacks street mapping but who really needs that for Geocaching?

quote:
Originally posted by j0hn33y:

Nothing like us hard core, old school, eTrex Summit users.

I'm one of those too. icon_smile.gif

BTW, I have already been counted in thread 2 (I think).

Cheers,

Donovan.

quote:
Originally posted by j0hn33y:

Nothing like us hard core, old school, eTrex Summit users.

I'm one of those too. icon_smile.gif

BTW, I have already been counted in thread 2 (I think).

Cheers,

Donovan.