MEMAP won't work any more?!?!

I just downloaded and installed Garmin E-Trex Venture update 2.50. I attempted to put my name and address in it as I did before. It won't work. The screen starts with WARNING, but memap does not find it.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

Originally posted by Desert_Warrior:

I just downloaded and installed Garmin E-Trex Venture update 2.50. I attempted to put my name and address in it as I did before. It won't work. The screen starts with WARNING, but memap does not find it.

Anyone else have this problem?

I did on my emap for which the memap was named for I believe, after a update which moved the location of the lawyer screen to a non-editable area.

Perhaps they are doing the same on other models now???

So far memap still works on my Vista with the latest upgrade.

More rules = Less fun!

geocachingdb_button.giftexasgeocaching_sm.gifntga_button.gif

gnbrotz,

Sorry it did not work for you. I was able to do his with the latest Garmin V firmware update (2.30) but it wasn't as easy as past firmware updates. I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled for you and if I should see or here anything that will help Ill be sure to let you know.

I know the original post was to change the text on the Venture, but I just checked again with the V and I had to type in 'DO NOT ATTEMPT' (without quotes) and it brought up the lawyer screen text.

Kar

quote:
Originally posted by Team Shibby:

I know the original post was to change the text on the Venture, but I just checked again with the V and I had to type in 'DO NOT ATTEMPT' (without quotes) and it brought up the lawyer screen text.

Kar

I tried WARNING Do not attempt last night. Did not work. I will try just Do not attempt later on this evening. thanks for the tip.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

quote:
Originally posted by Team Shibby:

Can you tell me what it says in the Warning screen? I no longer own the venture so I cannot play around with it to figure it out.

Kar

"WARNING

All data is presented for reference only. You assume total responsibility and risk associated with using this device."

Greg

N 39 54.705'

W 77 33.137'

icon_frown.gif Sorry fellas....I tried. I been sitting here for over 2 hours trying to decode Garmins .rgn file but I cannot seem to find the text to be patched. It seems Garmin took the same route they did with the eMap receivers and converted the RGN files to a proprietary format. I'll keep looking and if I find something I will let you know icon_confused.gif

Kar