My GPS V arrives today!

mckee

Congrats, you have made a great choice. I bought mine soon after they hit the street 2 and half years ago.It is really nice in today's tech world that it still has not been outclassed or rendered obsolete in that time frame. CACHE ON.

WDP

Cool. I have had mine for two and a half years and love it. But...... My iQue 3600 should arrive today. Any minute. I'm watching the door. The iQue should do everything the V does AND what my Palm does also. I'll (apparently) only have to carry the iQue. I would usually use the V to find the geocache and then pull out the Palm to do my electronic log entry. Then go home, sync up, copy the log and paste into this site.

But the iQue is not as robust as the V. The first day I had the V, it fell about 4 feet onto concrete. Not a scratch! Still works fine. The iQue, alas, would break for sure.

Anywhoo.... Get rechargable Nickel metal hydride batteries. You should get about seven hours out of them. Get the combo cable (PC and 12v combined). Ebay has GREAT prices. And get an external antenna too. It really pulls in the signals.

And one more thing... Enjoy!!

nscaler

"Anyone not here, raise your hand!".