Geodiscovery Geode GPS for Handspring Visor

Guest geckoguy

Guest geckoguy

I have a Geode GPS for my Handspring Visor Platinum.

I noticed in the user's manual that you are supposed to be able to Copy/Move Packs (in the Actions menu) but that option is not there. I didn't realize this until I went out and bought a 16MB MultiMediaCard for over $40 so I could save my maps to it, as advertised on the back of the box:

"Download base maps of the world, with major highways and roads for the continental U.S. from the included CD ROM. The Geode includes 2 slots for MultiMediaCards that can be purchased and used for storage, so you'll have plenty of room for travel Guide Packs, maps, trails and places that interest you."

Instead, my Handspring's limited memory is being taken up by the few maps I could fit on it. Upon registering my Geode, I was prompted to upgraded to the newest version, which I did. After buying the MultiMediaCard I noticed there was no Copy/Move Packs option, so I joined the Beta Team hoping that the beta version of the software would have the option. But it does not.

Another problem that I have encountered is the GPS Time. I live in PA and the time displayed is 5 hours ahead of local time. The user's manual says this time can be changed but offers no explanation of how this can be done. I have tried everything with no success.

Can anyone help me?

I just got one of these, and only used it for the first time today, so I haven't figured much out.

The media card slots on the back/bottom of the unit dont work. It's on thier website somewhere, in the tiny print. It's on the list of "things to finish when we get out of the red" I guess. I was kind of disappointed, but I have yet to have space issues on my Visor Deluxe.

I noticed the GPS time being off on my Geode too, I didn't know you could change it. I got mine second hand, with no manual (unless its on the CD, which I havent bothered to look at yet). I just figured it was GPS time, like GMT or EST...

Sorry I couldnt help ya more,

Warchild

quote:
Originally posted by geckoguy:

I have a Geode GPS for my Handspring Visor Platinum.

I noticed in the user's manual that you are supposed to be able to Copy/Move Packs (in the Actions menu) but that option is not there. I didn't realize this until I went out and bought a 16MB MultiMediaCard for over $40 so I could save my maps to it, as advertised on the back of the box:

"Download base maps of the world, with major highways and roads for the continental U.S. from the included CD ROM. The Geode includes 2 slots for MultiMediaCards that can be purchased and used for storage, so you'll have plenty of room for travel Guide Packs, maps, trails and places that interest you."

Instead, my Handspring's limited memory is being taken up by the few maps I could fit on it. Upon registering my Geode, I was prompted to upgraded to the newest version, which I did. After buying the MultiMediaCard I noticed there was no Copy/Move Packs option, so I joined the Beta Team hoping that the beta version of the software would have the option. But it does not.

Another problem that I have encountered is the GPS Time. I live in PA and the time displayed is 5 hours ahead of local time. The user's manual says this time can be changed but offers no explanation of how this can be done. I have tried everything with no success.

Can anyone help me?

To start do you have copys of the maps?