turning waas off on the magellan meridian green with hidden menus

how do i turn waas off using the hidden menus on the magellan merdian green? i don't want the accuracy it provides and i don't want the battery drain. i called magellan tech support and they said if i got into the hidden menus, they have a separate register that records it and if the software becomes messed up, by messing with the hidden menus, the warrenty is void.

i've read in the past that turning waas off using the hidden menu is possible but what is the possibility of screwing up other software too by getting into the hidden menus?

Creativity Within The Bounds Of Conformity

With the unit on, hit Menu->, then on the arrow pad, hit "->" (right arrow), "<-" (left arrow), "->" (right arrow), "<-" (left arrow).

A box with "00" will appear....Use the up/down arrows to toggle the numbers....Toggle the right number so the box displays "03", hit ENTER....A new window will appear, with three boxes that say either "On" or Off"...hit Enter till they say off, then hit Esc twice....

There is a list of all the menu commands that I'm sure someone will Markwell you to...I have found that the list is not totally correct....But the ones you SHOULD NOT play with are listed as such....

Art

www.yankeetoys.org

www.BudBuilt.com

www.pirate4x4.com

With the unit on, hit Menu->, then on the arrow pad, hit "->" (right arrow), "<-" (left arrow), "->" (right arrow), "<-" (left arrow).

A box with "00" will appear....Use the up/down arrows to toggle the numbers....Toggle the right number so the box displays "03", hit ENTER....A new window will appear, with three boxes that say either "On" or Off"...hit Enter till they say off, then hit Esc twice....

There is a list of all the menu commands that I'm sure someone will Markwell you to...I have found that the list is not totally correct....But the ones you SHOULD NOT play with are listed as such....

Art

www.yankeetoys.org

www.BudBuilt.com

www.pirate4x4.com