Importing Waypoint Data in Magellan Companion

I am using the Magellan Companion with a handspring Visor. I have been trying to find a way to import multiple waypoints without having to enter them manually. But so far no luck.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get a whole list of waypoints into the Magellan Companion?

M-D-M Explorations

MrSki and DogMa

40º 07.874'N

88º 11.647'W

Then dump the included magellan software and download Geoniche. Today I got a Visor Pro as a upgrade over my Deluxe. Geoniche is much faster.

They both suffer one major problem. No way to download waypoints from a PC. Strangly they both have excellent support for beaming waypoints to anouther palm user. So if your like me and know of a couple of Visor users who geocache with a GPS just go over and beam all the waypoints they have over. Only takes a couple of seconds.

Short of someone reverse engineering the database, your only recours is to take part in the poll I have here for what features you would like to add to Geoniche. Palm OS 3.1 support (Visor Deluxe) is a option in the poll.

Dan

Unfortunately the Visor I have I have had for a few years so it is still Palm OS 3.1

I do enjoy the beaming ability and will have to keep my eyes out for anyone else I know I can get hooked on this so they can help me! hehehehe

I guess I will just have to perfect my speed and accuracy in adding the info! hehehehe

M-D-M Explorations

MrSki and DogMa

40º 07.874'N

88º 11.647'W

Last I heard, TresOkies was working on adding Nav Companion support to GeoBuddy 2.0. It's not done yet, but keep an eye open for it.

I do have some scripts to generate waypoint data for GPSPilot Tracker, but nothing for Nav Companion. Supporting Nav Companion properly would require a conduit, and that's something I don't know how to write at the moment (though when Palm Desktop 4.1 comes out, it might become a lot easier...)

warm.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy:

Last I heard, TresOkies was working on adding Nav Companion support to GeoBuddy 2.0. It's not done yet, but keep an eye open for it.

Yes, I am and yes it's going slowly. I need to make a posting to that regard. Look for alpha in late June (hopefully). Beta in July.

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631