I (heart) Garmin III GPS

Does anyone else have this unit? My dad bought it about four years ago for $300, and I must say it was worth every penny. Flawless performance, excellent usability, and lots of features. If I ever need to replace it (god forbid) I'm getting a Garmin.

-ALPHA

If you like the Garmin ]I[, you will (heart+1) the Garmin V. It is currently the ultimate GPS unit for both in-car navigation and geocaching. You can pretty much go native in a new city if you have the right maps, with its turn-by-turn direction capability. It's also the same case as the ]I[

Jeremy

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

I have a factory refurbished III+ that I paid 200$ for and find it an excellent unit. Rarely loses lock even in tree cover or canyons. Far better then the old Garmin 12 I had that I lost inside my house somewhere...still havent found it.

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there." Yogi Berra

jeepsmiliedesertcamo.gif

Garmin III Plus, good reason to love it, I have may GPS units, sometimes 10 or more including Streetpilot III and V, would not be without a III Plus.

Garmin must feel some compassion too because they finally came out with Ver 2.06 after 1 year without any updates in the firmware.

PS I also love my eMap, right Gimpy

I just got a 3+, I wanted a V but it was a little out of my budget. I am still learning all the little things. This sunday I hope to score my first caches.

It's been intresting learning my way through the unit, but my boss loves his Garmin units.

-Robert

quote:
Originally posted by ROCKY:

Would not part with the III Plus for any reason. My eMap is a great little unit, for specific applications,but the Plus is a great all around unit that is about second to none when it comes to pulling in the satellites. Got the V, because it is identical to the Plus, with added features like more memory & the autorouting is invaluable for road navigation. I usually head into the woods with the MAP76 loaded with topo maps for caching, but have the Plus along in case the MAP can't hold satellite lock as well. And like Rocky, I've also got a Street Pilot for road travel.I keep the 64mb data card loaded with much of the Northeast, & can switch it back & forth between the eMap & the SP, depending on my need at the time. The SP's large color screen makes for easy viewing while travelling. The old vision isn't what it used to be, so I'll take all the help I can get. icon_frown.gif

"Gimpy"

quote:
Originally posted by ROCKY:

Would not part with the III Plus for any reason. My eMap is a great little unit, for specific applications,but the Plus is a great all around unit that is about second to none when it comes to pulling in the satellites. Got the V, because it is identical to the Plus, with added features like more memory & the autorouting is invaluable for road navigation. I usually head into the woods with the MAP76 loaded with topo maps for caching, but have the Plus along in case the MAP can't hold satellite lock as well. And like Rocky, I've also got a Street Pilot for road travel.I keep the 64mb data card loaded with much of the Northeast, & can switch it back & forth between the eMap & the SP, depending on my need at the time. The SP's large color screen makes for easy viewing while travelling. The old vision isn't what it used to be, so I'll take all the help I can get. icon_frown.gif

"Gimpy"

I haven't heard many people have bad things to say about Garmin or their GPS units. I'm pleasantly surprised that there still exists companies that really do focus on making a product of the most exacting and excellent quality possible. icon_cool.gif

What would be a good "upgrade" from the GPS-3 if I wanted a more sophisticated unit? I saw the Vs, but I also saw these "E-Trek" units that looked pretty nice (and compact!) as well.

CODENAME: ALPHA OPERATOR

daedalus://govlink/secure/majestic/12.12.12/ops/throne/AO

MAJESTIC-12: THRONE G6 LEVEL AGENT

http://www.planetdeusex.com

I haven't heard many people have bad things to say about Garmin or their GPS units. I'm pleasantly surprised that there still exists companies that really do focus on making a product of the most exacting and excellent quality possible. icon_cool.gif

What would be a good "upgrade" from the GPS-3 if I wanted a more sophisticated unit? I saw the Vs, but I also saw these "E-Trek" units that looked pretty nice (and compact!) as well.

CODENAME: ALPHA OPERATOR

daedalus://govlink/secure/majestic/12.12.12/ops/throne/AO

MAJESTIC-12: THRONE G6 LEVEL AGENT

http://www.planetdeusex.com