Handspring Neo to Garmin GPS II

n1niq

Has anyone found a way to connect these two units?

I tried a cable from GeorgeCo but without any luck. They were extremely cooperative but we couldn't get either of the two cables they sent to work. I tested the circuits myself and they were correctly wired as far as I could tell.

I tried NMEA monitor, CetusGPS, and even ptelnet without success.

BTW: I use EasyGPS with the Garmin and I also connect my cell phone to the Neo all the time so I believe both units are functioning correctly.

Chris

We tried that. I didn't have any hacks running and I actually deleted Avantgo and my email send/receive program.

The manufacturer did tell me that someone with a GPS 12 had the same problem with their Handspring.

Still a mystery.

BTW: Where did you get your cable?

Chris

I got my cable from Gerogco. One other thing is to make sure everything is set at 4800 baud. I couldn't get the Visor Prism to work at any other setting. It also takes about 30 seconds, or longer, to get them talking to each other, once they're hooked together.

"True Grid"

In the Pacific Northwet

Thanks for the response.

I go my full refund from Georgeco today.

George thinks that the GPS II may have a different output configuration than later units. He is really a great guy and I can't recommend him enough.

Chris