gps map?

Guest Hard Slate

Guest Hawk-eye

The only thing I can compare is the 12XL to the 12Map and to the Vista. I own all three. The 12XL is great, but the 12Map is much nicer in a lot of functions ... zoom buttons, menus, etc. Memory for holding maps is a bit weak. The Vista ... a wonderful little device ... but the screen is much smaller and there are less user friendly controls and menus. In an ideal world ... I'd trade a little size and combine some of the features in the 12MAP and the Vista for the ideal tool. Hope this helps. If you like the 12 series ... I think you'd love the 12MAP.

Guest bunkerdave

I have the Mag. Map 330, and I don't think I could go on without the map feature now. It is okay to use your GPS to plot your position on a map, using coords, but it is sooo much easier to just look and have your position on the map right on your gps. As far as data capacity, I have on my receiver basically the entire state of Utah, which is obviously a lot less data than many states, but the map setup feature is super easy to use: just click, drag, save, and upload to the receiver, and you have all the data that was on your PC right in your GPS. Uploading to the GPS takes a few minutes, but only has to be done once. The regions are saved in your PC, so when you travel, you just load a different set of maps to the receiver. I have 8mb of available memory for map data, and a map of the state of Utah takes about 2.5mb.