GPS to AutoCAD

Team MGGPS

Boogidy, I use GPS for navigation mostly. AutoCAD came into play when I got involved in town government, my town bought a drive-in theater to use the land as a marina. I've used my GPS data to help me map out where land cuts should be and building placements. I have the blueprints for the site, but not any cad/computer files, so I made my own. Not surveyor grade, but the general idea is presentable.

Dark ages of CAD? I got a stack of 5.5" floppies(r2.4/5 I think) and an 8086 computer to learn... In a weekend, and at the time ('86) internet was mostly a bunch of Trekkies... OUCH!!! I've since had formal training and a few sessions to keep current. I have to hit the local ComColl for upgrading.

I 'do' CAD for general product design and plastics molding, how about the rest of you CAD gurus? Thanks for some new places as well.

I use AutoCAD 2000 at work for drawing/developing parts for the furniture industry (we manufacture bars and barstools/gaming room furniture). From AutoCAD 2000, we run a sub-program called Router-CIM that translates/generates the ACAD drawing into what is called GCode that our KOMO CNC router (four-axis) understands and translates into machine movement and actual part cutting. I never thought it could be used for GPS applications. icon_biggrin.gif

I use AutoCAD 2000 at work for drawing/developing parts for the furniture industry (we manufacture bars and barstools/gaming room furniture). From AutoCAD 2000, we run a sub-program called Router-CIM that translates/generates the ACAD drawing into what is called GCode that our KOMO CNC router (four-axis) understands and translates into machine movement and actual part cutting. I never thought it could be used for GPS applications. icon_biggrin.gif