Vista software problem or just me?

Guest raptorrider2001

Guest raptorrider2001

My Vista came with vs. 2.12 and I downloaded 2.16 two days ago. I have had it change coordinates on two different occasions the last two days. Maybe I just slipped up but I had double checked to make sure I had them right before I took off again. By the time I got within a few hundred feet, it began began indicating I was way off track. A quick check showed a wrong number had been entered. It did that again today. Maybe it is just poor eyesight when I enter the numbers, but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Guest Quinnow

I used to own the Vista, But due to medium to heavy tree cover in our area I decided to sell it on ebay as it was worthless in keeping a fair sat lock under our canopy of green here in upstae NY. The unit itself shows much promise with all the toys,bells and whistles it has. But once again Garmin comes out with what could have been a blockbuster GPS unit, and leaves it short with a poor Antenna system and no way to mod the power range of reception via an external antenna jack.But in the time I did own the Vista, not once have I had the problem that you mention above.Software and mechanics wise the unit was outstanding...just needs a better antenna. I also own the Map76 and the IIIPlus by Garmin, the IIIPlus is still the hotrod on the block when it comes to holding sats.

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest MikeLINY

ff. I think it was my own error, but who knows. Now that you mention it I'm questioning the software also. I make sure I copy the cords exact, but maybe I did screw uo. Is it possible??? I think I'll have to do a little research.

Guest Hawk-eye

Sounds like a lot of folks having trouble with the Vista ... Can't say I agree from my experience .... Software wise they really screwed up on version 2.13 and 2.14 ... serious bug issues ... I'm running 2.15 and have no problems ... now. I'm still carrying my 12Map and both are proving out each other ... Signal loss under the trees is about the same on each ... I do wish the Vista had the externa antenna attachment. But hard to beat for lugging through the bush ... probably time to leave the 12Map at home or just use for the auto.

Guest gstrong1

Have not had too much trouble with the software other than problems downloading maps & waypoints from Mapsource to the Vista.Also have the III Plus & the MAP76,and for some unknown reason,the Vista is the only unit that has a problem with receiving data.After downloading map set for about 20 minutes,message comes up that says the gps is not connected.Thats after the download meter shows it loading.Garmin support told me to reset the unit & reload everything from scratch.Can't reset the unit because after about 30 hrs. of use,the click stick is already shot.It's on its way back to the factory.

------------------

Gary "Gimpy" Strong

Rochester,NY