eTrex Legend auto mount - Which is best?

Guest rgerman95

Guest rgerman95

I have an eTrex Legend would like to hear from everyone which automobile mount they prefer? The official Garmin mount or one made by an after-market manufacturer?

I would like one that portable between autos - my car or the wife's van. And doesn't leave a mark on the dash.

Comments or suggestions?

Thanks.

Rich

I ordered the Garmin dash mount from GPS City for my Legend and it was junk. Flimsy and vibrated like crazy. I sent it back to GPS City and ordered the RAM dash mount with an extra base so I can mount it in my truck and boat. I used double sided tape from Home Depot to put my bases on the truck and boat dash. You can screw them down as well and there's an option for a suction cup base as well. The RAM mount is solid,easily adjusted, protects the unit well and doesn't vibrate at all.Go RAM

[This message has been edited by mojo (edited 17 October 2001).]

Guest Gliderguy

I second the RAM mount. They are the most durable thing I have ever seen. You can get bolt on, suction cup, handlebar, mirror mount ect. base for a basic RAM mount and use it with any vehicle you have. I have had great success with a RAM mount in both my pickup and my BMW motorcycle.