Has anyone has trouble with SD card?

Mossy Oak

Just got my Merid-gold a few weeks ago, I did a region of the local area on my 64mb card using mapsend topo. It worked great, so I set up a 4-region file from NH to FL (trip the end of the month) this also ran fine.

I decided to change my 64mb card and put the whole state of NH and part of Maine on it. My card reader now won’t read either cards, when I install either of the cards in my Merid-gold, nothing happens, not even the beep a few seconds after you power up the unit up. If I remove the card, the unit works fine but of course all I can get is the basemaps highway maps.

This is what appears using card reader: “I: is not accessible”, “the device is not ready.It takes 30 – 40 sec. to get this message, I’ve reinstalled the card reader several time. I also have a HP photosmart 230 printer, which can read SD cards; I get a “card access error” message.

Any ideas why I have 2 cards not working at the same time, any suggestions?

icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

Your symptoms are different from the problem I was having in getting my computer to recognize my reader and card (both SanDisk), so this suggestion is probably of little value. However, FWIW, I found that I had a conflict with Norton AntiVirus 2002. Once I disabled it, everything worked as it should.

Even if that *was* the problem with your computer/card, it wouldn't explain why your Meridian won't recognize the card. Corrupted? Reformatting could be a solution, but it can be a problem reformatting with anything other than under Win98.

Max

Often wrong but seldom in doubt

I had a similar problem with my sandisk 32 mb card. I loaded a couple of regions. Decided to reformat the card then loaded a few different regions. While loading the regions an error message popped up saying windows was having a problem with the files. After that nothing worked. Not the card, Not the maggelan with the card inserted, or the reader with the card in. No windows utilities were able to work. Ended up sending the card back to where I purchased it. They replaced it after testing and finding the card defective.