Magellan 315 distance to cache display.

Onestep

My cache partner lost my Yellow Garman E-Trax so she replaced it with a Magellan 315. It was on sale for $99, marked down from $149. Before 'we' return the unit for our money back can someone assure me that I'm seeing straight!

As best as we can figure, the Garman only displays distance to cache in increments of 0.01 miles!! Thats something like 50 feet or so... we had a hell of a time deciding where 'zero' was this weekend, but we did manage to find 4 of the 5 caches we looked for.

Just as I was about to log this reply, logscaler beat me to it.

Onestep, pick up a data cable for your Magellan 315, you can download new software version 3.15. After getting to .01 miles, you will count down in feet. I’ve seen my M-315 get to within 4 feet of a cache and it was right there. I have the file if you need it, just send me your e-mail address. icon_wink.gif

Just as I was about to log this reply, logscaler beat me to it.

Onestep, pick up a data cable for your Magellan 315, you can download new software version 3.15. After getting to .01 miles, you will count down in feet. I’ve seen my M-315 get to within 4 feet of a cache and it was right there. I have the file if you need it, just send me your e-mail address. icon_wink.gif

it switches to feet after 0.1 miles, not .01, and there's other good updates in the new version too, like to break out of auto-averaging, you only have to move .5 mph i think instead of 2 or 3. I don't remember, but the 315 outperforms the yellow etrex...don't bring it back.

-pizzachef