Magellan Meridian *RELEASE DATES*

Guest ClayJar

Guest ClayJar

You're telling me. I have to hold on top my tax return for a whole month to get one of these things! (Oh, well. At least I'll have $300 extra in the meantime, but I'd really like to not have anything else go wrong that I need to pay for.)

Guest bunkerdave

I can understand the Platinum, with its huge memory, barometric altimeter, and compass, but what do the others do that I am not already getting with my 330? What more could it do, relevant to geocaching, that my 330 doesn't already do?

Guest ClayJar

Relative to the MAP 330, the Meridian Gold gives you:

• IPX7 certification instead of IPX2 -- it floats, and now it's certified to keep the water out while it's floating.
  • Secure Digital Memory capable -- if you, like me, go on long trips all over the place, you can have much more memory for maps.
  • Some different nav screens -- it's icing on the cake, but they're there for you if you want them.
  • Slightly longer battery life -- if it matters, you probably can't afford the batteries anyway.
  • New form factor -- it's got rubber armor and a different style, if you like it.

So, why am I planning on getting a MeriGold? Mainly for the memory cards, and also because with all the rain and water around Louisiana, IPX7 sounds really good.