pda connection to gpsr

rfriel1

quote:
Originally posted by rfriel1:

i want to connect my sony clie pda to my sportrak map gpsr. assuming i get the right connectors, what software do i need to upload/download way points and routes from my gpsr to my pda?

PC-Mobile has/had a bunch of GPSr->PDA connectors. I purchased the Meridian -> iPAQ -> Power connector and was 50% satisfied. I never got the power side to work properly, and haven't bothered complaining. Their website appears DOA at the moment though (it's in Hong Kong).

As for software... OziExplorerCE supposedly does waypoint xfer to/from a magellan, but I've never used it. Personally, I'm holding out for PocketExpertGPS from Topografix to come along soon, hopefully...

Hope this helps!

alex

I also bought the ipaq->magellan->power adapter (along with the AA battery extender) and have been satisfied with it. Since I only use rechargable batteries the problem of no external power to the GPSr has not been an issue.

Were you thinking the power thing powered the GPSr, or does it not power the PDA? Because it only powers the PDA.

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.