MapSend Software...which version to buy?

I'm looking to get MapSend for my Magellan Meridian Platinum. However, I'm still a bit confused by the various versions. I certainly want street maps, but I am also interested in the topo version. Does the topo version have the same detail of streets as "streets and destinations"? Or am I going to be disappointed because some streets and roads are missing?

Thanks for the help.

All you will need is the mapsend Topo. That is because it includes the streets. I have been traveling for a year using my SporTrak Pro. I download the maps before I leave home and have all the streets at my disposal wherever I go as well as the Topo information, and I travel all over the western United States.

hey, prez!

I started a thread last week before I bought my MeriPlat asking a similar question:

http://ubbx.Groundspeak.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=5726007311&f=7116058331&m=39360656

I'm happy with the Topo and MeriPlat so far, but haven't done any geocaching or put it to hardcore use yet. I don't think it will be a problem, though. The topo maps are extremely detailed compared to the basemap. I live in the DC area and can use the topo map to plan short trips around the area or to find an alternate route in the hellacious traffic.

On the Mapsend Topo... I bought Street Atlas 2003 Plus. Will this work or would I be better off returning it for the Mapsend Topo? I really want topo and street information both since I geocache but I also use the Platinum for navigation.

Also I have a 256 MB card in my Plat, but I know the PC Cable connection will only see 64. What would the best way to connect as large a map as possible with as much detail as possible.

Thanks for any information.

-Paul

Skimblz and Sweetldy

Only Mapsend software can be loaded onto your Meridian, so just get the Topo version and you'll be all set.

The larger the map file you load onto your card, the longer it will take to refresh the map screen, and it will take longer to boot up, also. You can load several different maps on the card with a card reader, and switch between them. After you get the software, just play with the map sizes to get what you want.