Tracks displayed on map software???

Guest LoCache

Guest HomeChicken

you can do this with the mapsource CD.

you just download the tracks to your computer and the map will show you where the tracks were left. below is a image of a hike to some lakes I took with my Legend in Sequoia Nation Park in the California High Sierras N36 36.283 W118 43.771

tracks_map.jpg

------------------

Bought a eTrex Legend on 7/24/01

placed one cache Here

--Chicken

Guest HomeChicken

Yeah Expert is a nice program I was using it before I bought the mapsource CD just for the detailed maps to upload to my Garmin. The ExpertGPS program will let you trail it for two weeks, full program is $60. Very nice program with maps. I almost bought it but now I have the $150 mapsource CD which is not as good!

------------------

Bought a eTrex Legend on 7/24/01

I was part of or placed these Caches

Sun rising over Mt.Rubidoux

Urban Jungle

Rising sun over Chicken Coop

Guest arffer

I did buy ExpertGPS after trialing it (using it with a Magellan 315). I really like the package. From the waypoint list, right clicking on any waypoint allows you to access a webpage at topografix with links to that waypoint's terraserver photo, tigermap, topozone pam, and others. If the way point was downloaded from geocaching.com, then "View online" takes you to the cache page.

Any waypoint(s), route(s), and track(s) can be overlayed on both terraserver photos and topozone maps.

After a hunt, we download our track to ExpertGPS, overlay it on both the photo and map, print them out and keep them in a folder of our hunts.

To Topografix: I'm still hoping for the addition of the current datum setting on the waypoint list printout that I asked for a month or so ago. Not knowing what datum was in use when a waypoint list was printed makes the list useless once you forget what you had it set to (which for me is circa 10 minutes). Thanks!

[This message has been edited by arffer (edited 21 August 2001).]

Guest Uplink

OziExplorer does a goog job with tracks (you have to supply your own maps though). This track is from last Saturday, when I took my boat to the Seahawk game at Husky Stadium in Seattle.

seahawk1.gif

[This message has been edited by Uplink (edited 24 August 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Uplink (edited 24 August 2001).]