Magellan Rebate

Guest Bob

Just bought a Mag 315. Came with case, strap, CD and data cable for $109 at Fry's. I've only played with it a little but I think it's the best toy I've ever had, truely impressive! Does anyone know if the rebate offer has been extended? Saving another $20 would be great. Thanks.

Guest ClayJar

l. (I don't know why they put the year in the expiration date on the rebate forms, but you just use whatever vintage one you have... it doesn't matter.)

Guest c_oflynn

there is a link on one of there pages. However, the url is here anyway. This reminds me of a chapters.ca promotion. One month is said "Free shipping for the month of July only!". It was around July 29th, so i bought I book, thinking I narrowly avoidded shipping cost. Next month: "Free shipping for the month of august only!". Next month "Free shipping..."

They did stop eventually though.

Colin

Guest Ron Streeter

Colin...

I'm confused. The link you show in your last post does in fact take you to a place that talks about the rebate, but the way I read it the item had to be bought no later than June 30th and sent in by end of July.

Isn't this a bit late for queries posted in this thread. Maybe I'm just not reading the thread correctly.

Ron

Guest c_oflynn

uhh, oops. Mabey it did expire? I read that thing about Fathers day, and thats all. I kinda assumed it had been extended. Bob, you got a real deal with that mag 315! Came with a lot of extras! Sorry about that, mabey if you e-mail magellan they might extend it for you?

Colin

Guest The 19th

quote:
Originally posted by Bob:

Just bought a Mag 315. Came with case, strap, CD and data cable for $109 at Fry's. I've only played with it a little but I think it's the best toy I've ever had, truely impressive! Does anyone know if the rebate offer has been extended? Saving another $20 would be great. Thanks.

I bought that same package at Fry's today! One of the strange things that happened though, very un-Fry's like, was that the cashier asked if I knew if there was a rebate. I told him that I didn't know, and he went and checked himself. He came back with a $20 rebate form, which is valid for units purchased 04/01/01 - 07/31/01 (postmarked 08/31/01).

The rebate link on one of the earlier posts goes to a page with 2 PDF files. The second PDF file expires 7/31, but it's for the 315 and 330X models. I believe the bundle from Fry's is the 315X, which is what the form the cashier gave me says.

You might want to head back to Fry's and see if you can get a rebate form from the cashier's area. The Fry's I went to had this huge wall covered with a list of current rebates right next to a rack of the corresponding rebate forms.

Yeah, the package is the 315x. It was advertised in Fridays Sac. Bee. Did you buy yours at the Northgate store? The GPS display area only had the old(expired) rebate coupons. I'll have to go back there and see if I can get the correct form. Thanks 19th and all who replied!

Bob

Guest BigDoggie

To The 19th:

The forms on the Magellan site are both expired.

Can you scan in that coupon that you found and post an image here? That would be great.

Or e-mail a copy to me and I'll put it on a server for everyone.

Guest The 19th

quote:

Yeah, the package is the 315x. It was advertised in Fridays Sac. Bee. Did you buy yours at the Northgate store? The GPS display area only had the old(expired) rebate coupons. I'll have to go back there and see if I can get the correct form. Thanks 19th and all who replied!

Bob

Hehee! Yes, I did get it at the Northgate Store last Sunday. Like I said, it was very uncharacteristic of the cashier to go "behind the counter" and check out the rebate list for me. If you do go back, ask the people near the cashier area to check their big list posted on the back wall, around the #25-35 registers.

What's funny is that the rebate coupon appears to be photocopied from somewhere else. It looks exactly like the PDFs on the site, but says 315X and July 31, 2001.

Who knows? Someone could have just hacked the PDF, printed it out, then copied it. icon_wink.gif

I'll go ahead and scan it. It's a good thing I haven't filled it out yet!

Guest The 19th

quote:

Bob

Hehee! Yes, I did get it at the Northgate Store last Sunday. Like I said, it was very uncharacteristic of the cashier to go "behind the counter" and check out the rebate list for me. If you do go back, ask the people near the cashier area to check their big list posted on the back wall, around the #25-35 registers.

What's funny is that the rebate coupon appears to be photocopied from somewhere else. It looks exactly like the PDFs on the site, but says 315X and July 31, 2001.

Who knows? Someone could have just hacked the PDF, printed it out, then copied it. icon_wink.gif

I'll go ahead and scan it. It's a good thing I haven't filled it out yet!