Meridian vs Lowrance IFinder

I use the merigreen for caching,but my father is looking for a unit primarily for fishing, mushroom hunting,etc. He seems to think the Ifinder would better suit his needs, but as I do my research, the largest diff I see so far is simply the mapping software. Any opinions??

Did you here about the two antenna's that got married?........ The wedding s*cked.... but the reception was great!

[This message was edited by Ritty on March 31, 2003 at 05:29 PM.]

I just bought the I finder at the gps store..

Great price 229.99 this is the plus package. I liked the idea that you can add mmc cards or sd cards. to load bunch of differant maps..chech out lowrance web page..there is a new update for their map cd program.I'm just a newbee and this will be my first unit..any feed back by anyone will help by the way I bought mine for geocahing and fishing

My dad has a Lowrance unit for his boat. Now granted this is not a portable unit, but still uses the same software as the ifinder. For boating MapCreate is must better. It has all the bouys and channel markers. If I were to start boating I would buy a Lowrance. Very good products.