Topo USA data size

Guest DiscoJason

Guest DiscoJason

there with Topo USA 3.0 care to comment on how big the maps are when you download them to the GPS. I have a III+ which only has 1.44 M of memory and I am wondering how much data I can fit on the unit to know whether it would be worth buying or if I could only get a map of 1 square mile which would be useless.

quote:
Originally posted by DiscoJason:

Would anyone out there with Topo USA 3.0 care to comment on how big the maps are when you download them to the GPS.

DeLorme's Topo USA has no capability to download maps to any GPS.

Guest DiscoJason

Doh! Heh heh, I misread. OK, so you can put the waypoints into the GPS and I think mine stores like 400, so that pretty much answers my question. Great....thanks.

Guest k2dave

You can fit 4-7 'quads' into the 3+ from topo usa map - I've never gotten less then 4 which is good since you might be at the corner and need all 4.

Quads are about 23mi(E to W)x16mi (N to S) but some are 1/2 that 12 mi x 16 mi - depending on the amount of info in those quads.

If you poke around the garmin website you can take a look at the quads somewhere.