Magellan Tech Support?

Guest bhench

Guest bhench

I received a new Map 330 on Tuesday and proceeded to upload the latest software and base map into it. Part way into the auto upload the system froze and I was unable to continue. I was able to manually upload the software but the base map would simply not load. After repeated calls to Magellan tech support and remaining on hold for over 40 minutes I was told that there was apparently a problem with the flash memory and that I would have to return the GPS for repair or replacement. I was then transferred to another department to get an RMA number where I was again put on hold and then told to leave my name and phone number. Since then I have emailed the company detailing my problem and I'm still waiting for a response and an RMA number.

Anyone else experienced similar problems or did I just hit them on a bad day?

Bob

Guest Hawk-eye

Sorry about your problem ... hopefully just a bad day ... I've never had any dealings with them but I've never heard of a complaint as bad as that either. Just my 2 cents ... I found a company ... The GPS Store (www.thegpsstore.com) on the web. I've bought maybe 8 units from them for myself and associates ... for 30 days they'll take it back and or replace it ... EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE ... and good pricing ... the two times I've had issues ... they were addressed and handled with the bare minimum of hassle to me. Probably won't do you any good on your present problem ... but thought I'd pass it along.

Guest bhench

>Originally posted by Hawk-eye:

Sorry about your problem ... hopefully just a bad day ... I've never had any dealings with them but I've never heard of a complaint as bad as that either. Just my 2 cents ... I found a company ... The GPS Store (www.thegpsstore.com) on the web. I've bought maybe 8 units from them for myself and associates ... for 30 days they'll take it back and or replace it ... EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE ... and good pricing ... the two times I've had issues ... they were addressed and handled with the bare minimum of hassle to me. Probably won't do you any good on your present problem ... but thought I'd pass it along.