My click-stick broke

Guest Cobalt

Guest Cobalt

Actually, the "stick" still works but the rubber cover that covers the stick and makes it water proof and easier to use ripped off. I have only had my Legend for 5 weeks so it is still under warranty, it just chaps my hide because parting with it to get it fixed or replaced will mean a hiatus from caching. Has any one else had this problem?

Guest gstrong1

My Vista is at Garmin service now.Rubber around click stick ok,so far,but click stick stopped working alltogether.Died after about 30 hrs. of use.Luckily,I've got MAP76 & III PLus for backup.

------------------

Gary "Gimpy" Strong

Rochester,NY

Guest Charlym

I got my first legend a couple of weeks ago, and it worked great! Only thing is, that it eats batteries. So I ordered the combo car&data cord for. The legend would not switch to external power.It was within 30 day return for exchange from seller on the net. Just got it back today, and quess what. They sent me someone else used defective unit!!!!!

------------------

Guest Quinnow

I feel bad for you guys...But dadgum glad my Vista went on e-bay before mine broke as well! I got all except 15.00 back from what I paid for it in the beginning.

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest leaper64

quinnow,

now that you've given up your etrex, what model are you sticking with? just curious because i've been thinking i would like to upgrade from my 3+ to a vista as soon as i can find a buyer for my 3+. maybe i should hold out for next generation garmin.

Guest gmagers

I too had the rubber on my click stick tear off and sent my unit in for warranty. Garmin fixed it and updated the software also. It was returned 2nd day air and I spent the next day hunting 3 geocaches with it. It performed flawlessly. I DO HOWEVER, feel that the design is "weak" and I try not to use the stick too much. The page button will get you to each page also.

Guest canoeguy

one or if out of warranty will send it in for you. No muss no fuss. Just save your receipt and no problem bringing it back. I also recommend buying the new WAAS units because they are more accurate, although my faithful Magellan 315 is bringing me, usually within 10 feet of the cache and it is not WAAS capable. Magellan will be bringing out some new hand held models within the next year that sound good.

------------------

NP2BB

canoeguy@backpacker.com