Who uses a Garmin GPS 72?

MM,

I am using a Garmin 72 and have been very happy with it. My dad has the 76, which is the same unit, but has an external antenna jack. He had his for a month or so before I got mine. His worked fine inside the truck without an external antenna, I figured it saved me about $50 to go with the 72. There are those who think you must have mapping to do any real caching. I have not had any problem finding caches with my non mapping unit. The reciever is really good, and the built in antenna seems to work very well. If you got a good price, be happy with it. Probably in a few years we will end up upgrading, but for now, I am 100% happy with it.

You have to go out, you don't have to come back.

I got the 72 because it was an "upgrade" to the 12. My dad has had the 12 for about 6 years and I was familiar with all of the functions. I love it. The non-mapping part is not a real issue here either. Although it might be nice if you travel to cities you are unfamiliar with.

But I've found out that if you get lost and find your way again, you end up knowing how to get around that city in the future. I see mapping GPS's as a unneccessary crutch. You got around fine without it 10 years ago, why limit yourself just to roads?

kc

row, row, row your boat