Mapsource 4.07 update released!

I am still learning about 4.07. The track editing is a huge improvement. You can now edit a track on a point to point basis and even merge tracks now. So if you lost reception, or changed batteries, turned off your gps etc... when you download the active logs, you can merge them through the copy and paste function. Very nice feature.

Paul

I received by 76S & Topo on Friday.

I loaded TOPO no problem and it even recognized the new 76S model with no problem.

1st Problem, when i went to download a few sections (just to see how it works) a message came up saying it could not download the waypoints I'd created in TOPO and that Mapsource may need to be updated (my CD came with 3.XX)

2nd Problem, I downloaded and installed the new Mapsource 4.07. Topo now starts, but the minute you start to use the software it crashes and says to push a pop-up icon to copy the error message to the clipboard then send the message to garmin's tech service. I've done so last night and am waiting for garmin's reply (how are they at replying to such messages?).

So, I had to uninstall 4.07 and re-install the lower 3.xx version.

Any pointers from you guys????

BTW, my computer is a 4XX Celeron, Compaq, 256Mb RAM, Windows 98, .... anything else?

I noticed there's a patch for TOPO on Garmin's Cartography site to fix problems when viewing Northern MN. I live in MN and was going to add waypoints in the Boundary Waters Canoe area for an upcoming trip. Anybody know anything about this patch?

Should I install the patch before or after updating MapSource to 4.07?

quote:
Originally posted by Us 5 Camp:

I loaded TOPO no problem and it even recognized the new 76S model with no problem.

1st Problem, when i went to download a few sections (just to see how it works) a message came up saying it could not download the waypoints I'd created in TOPO and that Mapsource may need to be updated (my CD came with 3.XX)

2nd Problem, I downloaded and installed the new Mapsource 4.07. Topo now starts, but the minute you start to use the software it crashes and says to push a pop-up icon to copy the error message to the clipboard then send the message to garmin's tech service. I've done so last night and am waiting for garmin's reply (how are they at replying to such messages?).

BTW, my computer is a 4XX Celeron, Compaq, 256Mb RAM, Windows 98, .... anything else?

icon_mad.gif

I noticed there's a patch for TOPO on Garmin's Cartography site to fix problems when viewing Northern MN. I live in MN and was going to add waypoints in the Boundary Waters Canoe area for an upcoming trip. Anybody know anything about this patch?

quote:

icon_mad.gif

quote:

I started over and then loaded the Northern MN patch and everything was fine; then loaded 4.07 and everything was still in working order...