SportTrak Pro at Costco

Saw THIS DEAL at Costco. Just posted about this in another thread and thought maybe others would be interested.

If this has been mentioned before then sorry. I didn't really check. Good deals bear repeating so I don't feel to bad. icon_wink.gif

EDIT: I see it has been mentioned before. Still don't feel too bad.

[This message was edited by General Bracket on May 20, 2003 at 04:45 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by T & G's Adventures:

I think it's better because then you subtract the $75 worth of rebates and what you end up with is $225 for both the GPS and the Topo software. Not too shabby. I'm thinking of going for it.

Um, honey, did you mark a waypoint for the car?

Then add in the power cable and case that costco includes...

I might also add this:

With the costco deal, the rebate comes direct from Costco, NOT the crappy rebate house Magellan uses that seems to loose 1/2 the rebate requests it processes.

THAT should be worth something

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Problem is, I think the street mapping stuff comes with the Costco deal, and I don't want that. I want the topo stuff. The difference in price will end up being fairly small. And, I'll make zillions of copies of receipts, phone numbers, dates, etc. $75 is a substantial rebate! I won't give up!!!

I'll also hold my breath.

And I know what you mean about fighting to get your rebates. Magellan doesn't have a corner on the market for screwing people. I'd guess I've gotten hosed on a good 50% of rebates I've sent in. There's the note you get that says you 'forgot' to send the receipt - absolute BS. Or you get nothing at all - ever. There ought to be a law...

If they did that, they'd have to give EVERYONE a rebate that bought the item. This way, since you have to jump through so many hoops, there's a good chance you won't bother and they've sold the unit at the higher price.

Lots of us are enticed to buy something by rebates, but when push comes to shove, most of us won't bother with doing what you have to do to GET the rebate. That's MY take on it anyway...

First of all...I don't work for Costco...ain't got a thing to do with them.

Apples to Apples...(and that isn't always easy to discern, the GPS + Extras is a perfect example)...I have never ONCE seen their prices beaten.

EVER...at any time. People keep telling me they are, (beaten that is), but after checking it has ALWAYS turned out to be A) they were wrong or :cool: not a comparable product.

This perplexes me...because I'm POSITIVE that Costco can not possibly ALWAYS have the lowest prices...but I have never once found an exception...and believe me, I've looked.

My house burned down and I had to replace EVERYTHING...right down to Q-Tips.....in the 90 octillion things I priced Costco was cheapest...without fail...every time.

Oh...by the way...I'm SURE that isn't an "Absolute Truth"...I'm just saying I have never found an exception. - JamesJM

quote:
Originally posted by JamesJM:

First of all...I don't work for Costco...ain't got a thing to do with them.

Apples to Apples...(and that isn't always easy to discern, the GPS + Extras is a perfect example)...I have never ONCE seen their prices beaten.

EVER...at any time. People keep telling me they are, (beaten that is), but after checking it has ALWAYS turned out to be A) they were wrong or :cool: not a comparable product.

This perplexes me...because I'm POSITIVE that Costco can not possibly ALWAYS have the lowest prices...but I have never once found an exception...and believe me, I've looked.

My house burned down and I had to replace EVERYTHING...right down to Q-Tips.....in the 90 octillion things I priced Costco was cheapest...without fail...every time.

Oh...by the way...I'm SURE that isn't an "Absolute Truth"...I'm just saying I have never found an exception. - JamesJM

Bulk. That's the reason. I wouldn't doubt it if they were cheaper than everybody on everything they carry.

I as well have never seen thier prices beaten.

To my mind price has never been an issue at Costco. My only occasional hangups with them is are...

1. I don't want 16 cans of soup, I only want one.

2. While selection is good, they sometimes don't have EXACTLY what I'm looking for.

Other than these occasional problems, I love Costco.

Is it possible to get in on this deal withiout buying a membership at Costco?

I already have a BJ's membership (it's basically the same store, as I understand it). Can I borrow a friend's membership card? What if I accompany him to the store?

If you don't belong - you don't get in. Period. However, if your FRIEND belongs, you can walk in with him as he flashes his card at the door. Then, if you find what you want, HE pays at the register and you give him the money (or not, depending on how good a friend he is - ha).

The ad with the link was for the on-line Costco deal. I'm not sure if it's in the store or not. I was just there last weekend and I don't remember seeing it (though it's always possible that I somehow missed it while pricing wine...)

I got mine through Costco altho I don't have a membership card I found someone who was nice enough to let me use their number. The deal is online only - we found this out after sending her to the store to get it for me. So ask around and maybe you can find someone who knows someone that belongs. It was worth it for me as I also had someone that owned the mapping software so I didn't need to buy that. If you have to buy both you might do better elsewhere where you can get both and probably get the rebate that is offered. Price check around and go online to costco and see if they offer the deal with the software so you can get a rebate they still may have the best deal.