GPS screen capture

Guest gnbrotz

With how new the V is I would bet the author has not yet updated the screen capture feature to work with the V. Watch the site I bet he will update it soon. It did not take him long to update it to work with the GPS/GPSMAP 76 units.

Later

mcb

Guest PneumaticDeath

quote:
Originally posted by Geoffrey:

Go into G7ToWin, then do a Control D, to capture the image.

The version I have (A.00.82) of G7TOWIN, doesn't support screen capture on the basic eTrex or summit models, only the Venture, Legend and Vista.

-- Mitch

Guest Hamster

I downloaded .91 version. It works now! ctrl-d captured screen on the GPS V. not sure why it did not work before, maybe I was doing it wrong. This is very cool to be able to do screenshots. I wish my old Magellan did this icon_wink.gif

Guest Hamster

I downloaded .91 version. It works now! ctrl-d captured screen on the GPS V. not sure why it did not work before, maybe I was doing it wrong. This is very cool to be able to do screenshots. I wish my old Magellan did this icon_wink.gif

Guest Geoffrey

There are some GPS units I believe that dont allow screen captures. G7ToWin was originally written for the Garmin III GPS. It now works for 3, 3plus, GPS V, GPS map 76, and the newer Etrex units with Click sticks. Doing a screen capture freezes the GPS screen for several seconds. Magellan might not allow a screen capture, since the GPS firmware would have to send a screen image via the serial port. I cannot find any software to do a screen capture of any Magellan GPS. G7ToWin will work with Lorance, Eagle and Garmin GPS units.

------------------

My GPS Information Page:

http://members.aol.com/geoffr524/myhomepage/howto.html

This page has many links about GPS information for the beginner.