FREE Garmin Maps

Guest karl

Guest karl

Hey, I am wondering if anyone has a used *cough cough* copy of any Gamlin MapSource maps... Make me a copy. Rip an ISO. Help the community. Hook me up and I will post it so everyone can spread the love. thank ya

karl

**the above message does not condone any illegal activity*

(yeah right)

Guest Mapsource anoyed!

I do have to complain that the price of the maps are way to much.

I know Mapsouce did not make the maps, and most likely were collected them from a number of Goverment sources. So I don't understand why they charge a $100 for each map set. Even the used ones on Ebay where overpriced too.

Lucky for me, my brother had the US City Maps, so I made a copy of the CD and now my Garmin Vista is awsome!

Guest Hawk-eye
Originally posted by Mapsource anoyed!:

I do have to complain that the price of the maps are way to much.

I understand your message ... but I wouldn't be concerned with the price except that they are extremely out dated and inaccurate. The Metroguide has several missing roads in my area that have been in place for 15 years. The Topo series is "better than nothing" ...

I don't really approve of pirating software ... but I see why it's being done. I just wanted to say that I don't think these are worth the cost of a blank CDR ... and they're pretty cheap these days. It's a shame because Garmin makes several really good units ... my latest ... the Vista is great (finally after version 2.15 corrected software came out).

[This message has been edited by Hawk-eye (edited 03 June 2001).]

Guest karl

No kidding, I got a vista just the other day too... Why dont you help a cacher out and burn me a CD of some maps? Oh wait, I got an idea... People should start putting CD's of MapSource maps in their GeoCaches. how fitting.

karl

Guest karl

Hey buddy, when I posted it registration wasn't required... byt you say it as if because someone is registered you suddenly know their blood type and sexual history.

And if your wondering, I'm karl marx. You may have read some of my books.

karl

Guest Hawk-eye

... why thanks Karl ... that clears up a lot, now it's very clear who and what you are. No deal.

By the way ... my reference to not registering is simply that ... you must have something to hide ... thanks for verification of same icon_biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Hawk-eye (edited 06 June 2001).]

Guest Hawk-eye

... why thanks Karl ... that clears up a lot, now it's very clear who and what you are. No deal.

By the way ... my reference to not registering is simply that ... you must have something to hide ... thanks for verification of same icon_biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Hawk-eye (edited 06 June 2001).]

Guest karl

do you realize how ridiculous you sound? A guy is too lazy to bother registering so suddenly he is the Robert Hanssen of geocaching...

karl