Venture vs. Mariner software from Garmin

Guest gmagers

Guest gmagers

ather know were the channel in the bay is or how far to the next marker/bouy.

Garmin has ignored my email so far. The units appear the same on the outside and the software downloads are identical except for name. I find it unusual that Garmin doesn't have a web page just for the Mariner or offer more info on it.

Guest gmagers

Yes, West Marine does market this exclusivly. Does icon_smile.gifANYONE icon_smile.gif use the Mariner software? How do you like it? Are the Nav Aids more useful than the cities database?

------------------

"Beacuse I said SO"

Guest gmagers

Yes, West Marine does market this exclusivly. Does icon_smile.gifANYONE icon_smile.gif use the Mariner software? How do you like it? Are the Nav Aids more useful than the cities database?

------------------

"Beacuse I said SO"

Guest Rubberhead

I have had no trouble downloading either the Venturer's Worldwide City Database or the Mariner's Marine Database into my Mariner.

I think they have been ignoring you because of a marketing agreement with West Marine.

Guest gmagers

Hey, thanks a bunch. icon_wink.gif So.....do you prefer the Mariner software or the Venture? icon_biggrin.gif What are the differences? Do ANY cities still show up on the Mariner?

------------------

"Because I said SO"

Guest gmagers

Hey, thanks a bunch. icon_wink.gif So.....do you prefer the Mariner software or the Venture? icon_biggrin.gif What are the differences? Do ANY cities still show up on the Mariner?

------------------

"Because I said SO"