*DO NOT* Order from AdvancedGPS !!

In all my years of mail ordering, I've never encountered service like this. Tried purchasing a GPS76S from them... First, they told me that it would ship in 24 hours. Two days later they said it would be next week.

Finally, the "customer service" representative told me that "I was pissing her off and that she was cancelling my order"!! Then she hung up before I could respond.

Unbelievable!

You have been warned! Their website is: www.advancedgps.com. I strongly urge you to avoid them.

Cache-on,

Arakie.

I pre-ordered my 76S from them online and had no success in contacting them later. They finally acknowledged my third or fourth attempt to cancel the order. During all this their phone number vanished from the web page. I have to assume they are swamped with orders and can't keep up. No excuse for a bad attitude though. Good luck. Try the GPS Store. They took care of me.

Hey there

Just thought I would let you all know that after reading aboutthe bad experiences with AdvancedGPS, I took the advice of another user and placed an order with TVNAV.Com last Friday (May 17). First off the person on the other end of the phone was just about the nicest phone rep I have ever dealt with. I was ordering the Garmin Map76S and the price was right. Also got the cigarette lighter adapter for good measure. Paid an extra 5 dollars for 2 day air. By late that evening I had the tracking number and shipment confirmation in my email box. By noon today (May 21) I had my new toy in my hot little hands. icon_smile.gif

I HIGHLY recommend this company for your GPS needs and I will definately be giving them my business in the future.

Dave

Hey there

Just thought I would let you all know that after reading aboutthe bad experiences with AdvancedGPS, I took the advice of another user and placed an order with TVNAV.Com last Friday (May 17). First off the person on the other end of the phone was just about the nicest phone rep I have ever dealt with. I was ordering the Garmin Map76S and the price was right. Also got the cigarette lighter adapter for good measure. Paid an extra 5 dollars for 2 day air. By late that evening I had the tracking number and shipment confirmation in my email box. By noon today (May 21) I had my new toy in my hot little hands. icon_smile.gif

I HIGHLY recommend this company for your GPS needs and I will definately be giving them my business in the future.

Dave

I will also say: "STAY AWAY FROM ADVANCEGPS.COM"

They are a horrible company with rude and ignorant employees. I had a very bad experience with them and will NEVER order from them again. I order frequently over the internet and never had service as bad as theirs. So, even though the price may be good, it isn't worth it. Trust me!

Thanks for the heads up ... by the way ... www.thegpsstore.com is a great company to do business with ... knowledge, customer oriented ... and great return policy ... I've used them 5 times over the last 3 years ... no regrets.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Co-founder of the "NC/VA GEO-HOG ASSOCIATION"

... when you absolutely have to find it first!

Wow . . their site is down right now . . coinkidink or not?

I ordered my eTrex Venture from AdvancedGPS back in February. There were some warning back then about them, but not enough to keep me from checking out their prices. I did decide to ship FedEx so I could track it to my house.

No horror story here, but as always, "Caveat Emptor."

Bret

Ordered my GPS76 from "GPSdiscount.com". They had the best price of all the sites I checked online. They sent out that day, sent me an email with tracking number link, and my package arrived within another day or two. To add to my surprise, they threw in a FREE Tshirt.... Great experience with this company!

frog_and_chicken.jpg

That is a real surprise to me. I ordered a Venture back in August and had no problems. Of course it was in stock and shipped pronto. I liked that they had the lowest prices and free USPS shipping. Perhaps their business has changed in the last six months. Oh well.

quote:
Originally posted by SteveOr:

Perhaps their business has changed in the last six months. Oh well.

When I ordered my 76s in FEB! I had high hopes...didn't recieve it untill MAY 13!! And I wouldn't have got it then but I went to the FED-EX office to pick it up. By this time they were already going off EBAY. Needless to say I tried repeatedly to get in touch with the to see what the problem was. No response whatsoever!angryfire.gif

Giving them the benefit of the doubt:--> It is my honest opinion that they have grown, as we say in West Virginia, "too big for their britches". But that in no way excuses them from answering emails or the phone. At the very least be professional when you deal with the customer. I have raked them over the coals in other threads and this is the last I will say about them. They do deliver...just not very promptly. I hope they improve and prosper but my next unit will more than likely come from the gps store.com as they were courteous when i spoke with them. Woulda ordered from em but COULD NOT get in touch with advanced to cancel! oh well water under the ole bridge. All is well now. Good luck to all.

11902_900.gif

I also had a very good no-hassle experience ordering from tvnav.com. I used the cheapest shipping option, got it when it was promised and was surprised to see that it had a firmware version on it that Garmin had released only a couple of days before my order!

I recommend them highly.

I placed an order for a Garmin eMap on Friday, May 3 using online ordering by credit card. For some reason (perhaps double-clicking) two identical orders were place with different order number. My Visa accout was charged twice (checked it online). Repeated e-mails and attempted phone calls to the 800 number and 909 went unanswered. Since the order had not shipped by Monday May 13, I sent e-mails canceling the order and ordered from GPScity.com. This order was $2.00 more, but shipped the same day and was delivered in two days (FEDEX 2 day delivery). GPSCity was the best price and best service I have seen on the internet.

NEVER use ADVANCEDGPS.com

They shipped on May 16, and this was refused on May 18. They still have not credited my Visa account, so I will protest the charge.

quote:
Originally posted by cozmo469:

Check out their record with the BBB. Pretty bad!!

]

That's pitiful! You know how lame you have to be to get that kind of rating?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Co-founder of the "NC/VA GEO-HOG ASSOCIATION"

... when you absolutely have to find it first!

quote:
Originally posted by Mudfrog:

Ordered my GPS76 from "GPSdiscount.com". They had the best price of all the sites I checked online. They sent out that day, sent me an email with tracking number link, and my package arrived within another day or two.

My Dad, middle bro, and 2 of my friends ordered from GPSdiscount.com. They echo Mudfrog's experience. Orders were called in, they sent that night or the next day and received within 2 days. And the prices beat others on the net.

I have nothing but praise for GPSDiscount.com. My wife ordered the V Deluxe and Garmin balked at the promised delivery time. GPSDiscount was responsive to inquires and always friendly. The two week delay was a Garmin problem and GPSDiscount worked very hard to keep its customers informed of the expected delivery date. As for AdvanceGPS, I will pay more to a reputable company any day.

I highy recommend if you have purchased anything from this company using a credit card and have not received your product, that you write your credit card co and request a 'chargeback' on your purchase. This place sounds like it's about to go out of business. I used to be a chargeback investigator for a major bank and we saw alot of mail order companys like this. It's best to write (after you have made your dispute by phone) your credit card provider and send a detail letter stating that you have not received your purchase. Provide any documentation, names, phn number's, etc. It would'nt hurt to provide a copy of the BBB report found on the link in the above post. They will then recredit your account and go after the Aquiring bank.

Hope no one minds a resurrected thread, but this is somewhat related to this topic. I ordered from Outdoor Warehouse, who is apparently run by the same folks of Advanced GPS. I have filed a complaint with the BBB as they have not delivered my order, nor have they ever answered their telephone, the messages i have left on their machines, the faxes i have sent, nor the emails i have sent.

it is my belief that the people who run Outdoor Warehouse knowingly charge peoples credit cards for orders then never intend to fill. Sounds like the customers of Advanced GPS recieve marginally better service, as they do have some form of contact with their customer service.

Just thought I'd mention I bought a GPMAP76S from GPSNow and was ~very~ happy. Good price, fast delivery, and exactly as advertised.

ScubaSteve also had a great price and good service, but I eventually bought from GPSNow because ScubaSteve didn't carry the accessories I wanted to order at the same time.

Best Luck to all shoppers,

Bob

This just proves a point which I think bears mentioning...

The internet is a wonderful place, because it allows you to easily "shop around" for the lowest prices. For this reason, companies are under tremendous pressure to offer the absolute lowest price on everything, just to make the sale (in a time when pennies count).

Unfortunately, this pressure to cut costs usually involves cutting customer service. Things we all used to take for granted just a few years ago are now becoming a rarity, and we have no one but ourselves to thank for it.

I urge everyone to spend a little extra money and support companies that give you good service. At the same time, you'll be putting pressure on the companies that don't. Yes, you can save $10 ordering from a place like Advanced GPS... but I think anyone who's had problems with them would gladly pay that $10 now to have never dealt with them in the first place.

Finally, I want to encourage people to take a few minutes right now, and email any companies they've recently dealt with that they've had good service from. Be sure to let them know that you appreciate the service, and that it's the reason why you do business with them. It'll make a world of difference, believe me!

I had a similar poor customer service experience over the weekend with my (soon to be ex) insurance agency....

Been with them for over 10 years...they started out very small, and I got great service from the owner in the past....Over the years they have grown and I guess he has hired some real dillweeds.

I got a "refusal to renew" letter from my inurance company in the mail, so I called the agency friday at 5:05 to find out what the deal was....after pleading with the receptionist, I finally got to speak with the (*****y) "Customer Service" person....I started my story and was (understandably) upset...She reminded me that it was "after hours" and that if I continued to be "of poor attitude" I could "just wait to call back on Monday".....then, when I told her that my current policy expired in November, she said "Oh you have plenty of time! Why are you calling now??"

ANyways, very long story short, I am shopping elsewhere....(Their name is "Combined Insurance Group" out of Lansdale, PA.....STAY AWAY!

VOTE WITH YOUR FEET and avoid places like these! There are plenty of companies out there who will treat a customer well.....THEY sdeserve your business.

DZ

quote:
Originally posted by arakie:

In all my years of mail ordering, I've never encountered service like this. Tried purchasing a GPS76S from them... First, they told me that it would ship in 24 hours. Two days later they said it would be next week.

Finally, the "customer service" representative told me that "I was pissing her off and that she was cancelling my order"!! Then she hung up before I could respond.

Unbelievable!

You have been warned! Their website is: http://www.advancedgps.com. I strongly urge you to avoid them.

Cache-on,

Arakie.

My vote is for TVNAV.com. I have ordered from them a couple of times. I preordered my iQue 3600. It did take some time for them to ship because Garmin did not ship to them. But they did not charg my credit card until the unit was read to be shipped. In fact they had my order so long my card expired so the called me for an new card number. They could not have been nicer or more customer service oriented. They have my business from now on.

Eagle Son owner of an iQue3600 2 RINO 120s an Etrex Vista and a Street pilot.

quote:
Originally posted by Hawk-eye:

Thanks for the heads up ... by the way ... http://www.thegpsstore.com is a great company to do business with ... knowledge, customer oriented ... and great return policy ... I've used them 5 times over the last 3 years ... no regrets.

I'll echo Hawkeye's opinion!

The people there are very friendly, honest and knowledgable.

My first unit turned on once. I couldn't get it to fire back up again, after that first time.

I called, and they had a new one out, second day air...(once they got the bad one back first)

Can't blame them for that though....

McGyverfrog.gif

I'm OUT THERE!

Meridian Platinum

I looked at several places before buying my sportrak and couldn't remember if I looked at advancedgps so I clicked on the above link and it looks like it is down!!

They might be finally taking some heat from all the bad comments about them.

BTW I bought my sportrak map from amazon.com. They may not have the knowledge about gps's but if you are like me I already did my homework and know what I want when I am ready to buy, Then I am out to look for a place that has the best prices and that I feel comfortable giving my credit card number to.

But anyway, thanks for the heads up on the problems that you had with advancedgps.

mustanglx