SD card: Can anyone help?

Mossy Oak

I’ve set up a 4 region card from NH to Florida, re-named the regions “detail01.img, detail02.img” . . . Using MeidGold with 128mb card, the only region I see is Florida’s. I should be able to see all 4 regions on my GPS screen. If I zoom in looking to at Florida, (on my GPS) I can see all the local streets. Right now I’m in NH, and cannot see any of the local area (Mapsend) only the basemaps.

Any suggestions why? What did I do wrong. icon_confused.gif

you should be able to see what regions got loaded when you look in your database. You must load all four of them at once. You dont have the option of loading them at different times. First loaded will be erased by next loaded unless you highlite them all together. Meriplat owner, mapsend topo software, Captclev, a member of the GANDERGANG from lansing Mich. Happy caching.

I did the same thing and finally figured out that what you have to do is upload all of your "Regions" to your SD card in one file, then change that file name to detail00. It only reads that one filename. It will not recognize detail01, etc. I did it this way and uploaded four regions covering the whole southeast into one file then changed the filename to detail00. Now when I go to Look for my User maps, I see the individual names of all four regions and I can choose each one. I hope this helps.

YukonMike.

YukonMike

YukonMike - not sure what you mean by it won't recognize anything but DETAIL00.

Although the default is DETAIL00 and the MapSend software sends files up as DETAIL00.IMG, my meridian will recognize any filename for maps (I use 8 characters because it seems to like them).

I just cancel the upload after the map is created, then copy the files to my SD card reader as different names. Originally I used DETAIL00.IMG and DETAIL01.IMG but now I have STREETS0.IMG and TOPOMAP0.IMG - the meridian likes them both.

DustyJacket

...If life was fair, a banana split would cure cancer.

Dusty, what version of firmware are you running? I've still got 3.08 that came on my Plati. I tried to save more than on region using names detail00, detail01, etc and it only accepted detail00. I may have done something wrong, 'cause I'm just learning. Sorry if I gave any bad info. My intent is not to confuse. Thanks.

YukonMike

My problem, did not know to check the card utilities, to change maps selection. My MeridGold is new for the last 2 years I’ve been using M-315. Now making a trip to Fl, I decided to get a gold.

To answer a few questions, I did download all 4 files at once. I did re-name a DETAIL01.img – 04. When loaded in the GPS, in card utilities it reads DETAIL01-04. Viewing the user section at the bottom what ever maps is activated, read the actual file name as NE, NY, . . . . I believe if I had re-named all files as DETAIL00.img, wouldn’t they be over written each other. On a PC you cannot have the same file name without one over writing the other.

I would like to thank everyone for there help, I’m sure I’ll have more question in the