Magellan 315 alarm software issues

Guest The Play-Doh Kid

Guest The Play-Doh Kid

I just replaced my 315 with the 315X (same unit only a much better price.) When I went to set the alarm feature, the highlighted area jumps around when I scroll thru the differant alarm types. Sometimes it highlights 3 and 4 types of alarms at a time! When I can get it to just highlight the arrival alarm and select it, it gives me the edit page for the XTE alarm. Has anyone had this problem with this software? I'm still waiting for the Mag helpline to call me back.

My 315 was doing the same thing in the "alarm" mode. The writing was distorted and when I entered the "anchor" alarm it would freeze up! A series of e-mails to Magellan repair resulted in me exchanging it at the selling dealer(Fry's Electronics). I bought the unit less than a month ago. Brian at Magellan first suggested completely clearing the memory, but this didn't help. Magellan would have exchanged it but I would have had to ship it to them and wait 5 to 7 working days to get the new one.

Guest The Play-Doh Kid

I phoned Magellan. (Very responsive.) They had not heard of the problem and recomended I return it for an exchange.

I bought mine at Frye's too. Must have been a bad batch. Replacement is working great, and I'm a happy cacher now!