Which One

Well, there's not an etrex model that exactly matches the mag315. I would say the summit is the closest, but the summit has the barometer/altimeter and digital compass. The 315 has the built in city database..which is neat if you're on the road quite a bit. I have a 320, which is a 315 with nautical navaids in place of the "small" cities category...but honestly I'd rather have the small cities. The legend and the venture both have mapping capability (I'm pretty sure icon_confused.gif) so the summit would be the closest in features, but not in price.

Also, I think the etrex models do resell a bit better icon_frown.gif just from what I've seen on ebay. The 315's go for about $115, (150 from a store) and the etrex models go for a little less ($10-20) from the retail price.

All in all, unless you really need maps on your gps, the 315 is a great unit. I have no complaints with mine. Hope this helps.

-pizzachef

Okay, correction:

The etrex Venture does not have mapping capability, but does have a city database. So it is pretty much the equivalent to the 315. I think it runs about $20-30 more than the 315..but it does have WAAS correction that the 315 doesn't and a longer battery life (20 hrs according the the garmin website, and the 315 is about 12-15).

Looks like you have your answer.

-pizzachef