Can you associate cache info with an eTrex waypoint?

0x284C

I got an eTrex Vista last week - still haven't had time to take it geocaching yet. Doh!

Anyway, I downloaded some caches into the Vista w/ EasyGPS and couldn't figure out a way to attach any additional info. Is there a way to attach the name (without changing the alphanumeric waypoint ID) and attach the encrypted hint???

Perhaps I'm asking for too much? How do others handle this - printouts/PDA's?

Brad

quote:
Originally posted by 0x284C:

Anyway, I downloaded some caches into the Vista w/ EasyGPS and couldn't figure out a way to attach any additional info. Is there a way to attach the name (without changing the alphanumeric waypoint ID) and attach the encrypted hint???

Nope. Unfortunately the etrex line doesn't have a description field associated with the waypoints. All you can do is change the name, but it's limited to 13(?) characters so that's not real useful.

quote:
How do others handle this - printouts/PDA's?

Yes, and yes. Both printouts and PDA's are used by cachers. Some use a web clipping program to grab cache pages for PDA use. Charter members can use the pocket query option to get info onto a PDA. Others just print out the pages and go with that. Use whatever you want basically.

I'm not lost!

I just don't know where I am.

Not familiar with your Model of GPSr, however all the garmins I've played with have a place on the waypoint page(single waypoint screen) to add a comment or reference remark.

what I usually do is just print out a handfull of sheets for the caches in my area that I plan on visiting and thow'em in my fanny pack.then as I get done with one I will leave printout from one I just visited in the next one for the next person to use if they need/want it.