etrex Venture click stick

Guest gmagers

Guest gmagers

Has anyone had "issues" with the click stick on the eTrex units? I had to send mine in for warranty coverage after only 5 weeks. The entire stick feels kinda "weak". I am concerned that I will get the unit back and the waterproofness will be compromised OR I will get a "refurbished" unit that was someone else's problems. Any experiance out there with Garmins warranty service?

Guest gstrong1

My eTrex Vista headed back to the factory today.When I push the click stick in to enter something,unit does nothing.Garmin support said to reset the unit.Big help since a part of the reset process is to push in the click stick.So after about 30 hrs. of use,it's headed back.I also have the III Plus & the MAP76.I wish they would just keep the thing & send my money back.Unit doesn't impress me a whole lot.

------------------

Gary "Gimpy" Strong

Rochester,NY

Guest Iron Chef

quote:
Originally posted by gstrong1:

My eTrex Vista headed back to the factory today.When I push the click stick in to enter something,unit does nothing.Garmin support said to reset the unit.Big help since a part of the reset process is to push in the click stick.So after about 30 hrs. of use,it's headed back.I also have the III Plus & the MAP76.I wish they would just keep the thing & send my money back.Unit doesn't impress me a whole lot.

One way that you can test and see if the buttons are working is to hold down the clickstick while turning on the unit. It should take you into the firmware test mode (if the clickstick is working that is). From there you can press each button once, and the clickstick in all directions to see if it is picking up a signal.

------------------

-Iron Chef

_ _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _

agefive.com/geocache/

Lets Drive Fast and Eat Cheese!