RAM Mounts

quote:
Originally posted by Movinfr8:

Anybody use these?

I kinda put the cart before the horse and ordered mounts for my motorcycle and truck yesterday, so now I am kinda wondering about users opinions.

They seem to be VERY well built and versatile. I can even use the bike mount to mount a .45!!

Great for Memphis drivers!

http://www.ram-mount.com

Norm

I recently started using the suction cup RAM mount for my eMap. It works great. It's certainly more suited in style to a jeep than a luxury car, but form must follow function, in my book. I'm considering putting a RAM ball on my Garmin holder so that I can get the support of the RAM mount, but the one-handed quick release of the Garmin.

quote:
Originally posted by Movinfr8:

Anybody use these?

I kinda put the cart before the horse and ordered mounts for my motorcycle and truck yesterday, so now I am kinda wondering about users opinions.

They seem to be VERY well built and versatile. I can even use the bike mount to mount a .45!!

Great for Memphis drivers!

http://www.ram-mount.com

Norm

I have one installed in my Toyota Land Cruiser and use it with a Magellan 315. It works very well and I have put it though some real abuse. They are worth every penny in my book

Scott

Team My Blue Heaven

I have a suction cup RAM mount for my truck and another for my BMW motorcycle. I dont think you can do any better for durability than these mounts, and I happen to like the way they look.

I was impressed that most of the parts are aluminum painted black instead of plastic. The only plastic is the actual cradle that holds your GPS, and the ball joints are coated with some kind of durable rubber (almost like tire rubber).

Ram Mount

Yes, worth every penny, I did allot ode research before desiding to buy a ram mount. I found nothing that could compare. I attach my Ram Mount so I could use it in my 97 Ford F-150 and in my wife’s 93 Caravan. I took a 2” PVC end cap, attaching the flat base (ball) Mount. My M-315 now fit great in my cup holder in my truck. In my wife’s van, I made a square wooden base about 4 inches, drilled out a hold matching the size of the PVC end cap to fit in. I did have a little trouble with it being a little top heavy, so I attached beanbag to it for weight. It sits fine on the dashboard.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Ram Mount

Yes, worth every penny, I did allot ode research before desiding to buy a ram mount. I found nothing that could compare. I attach my Ram Mount so I could use it in my 97 Ford F-150 and in my wife’s 93 Caravan. I took a 2” PVC end cap, attaching the flat base (ball) Mount. My M-315 now fit great in my cup holder in my truck. In my wife’s van, I made a square wooden base about 4 inches, drilled out a hold matching the size of the PVC end cap to fit in. I did have a little trouble with it being a little top heavy, so I attached beanbag to it for weight. It sits fine on the dashboard.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif