Posting Garmin .mps file with cache waypoints?

Guest greg-o

GPS units for their weekend cache hunts.

My eMap can store 500 waypoints, so I was thinking of entering all of the Northern Calif. caches and posting the .mps out on my site.

Does anyone (besides me) have any interest in using the .mps files?

-Greg

I use to do that for Mike Teague when he ran the earlier version of a web page called GPS stash. He used to send me a text file with all the stashes in it and I would put it into MapSource. That was quite some time ago. The last file I did only had about 70 caches in it. I think that the present data base has over five hundred caches in it. This would get very unwieldy to manage a file that big not to mention it would fill up most GPS?s waypoint memory.

Jeremy has also said that he did not like that idea due to the likely hood of way-to-many old versions of the files floating around. If you get you data from the web site then you know you have the most up-to-date information.

I would like to see a graphical representation of all the caches. It would be cool to see where Geocaching hot :cool spots were. The coolest would be an animated GIF that would show the Geocaches appear in a chronological order of when they where hide.

We'll be setting up a way for you to download specific cache waypoints directly to your GPS shortly.

As for the images, we're working on that too. Be patient! It's coming icon_smile.gif

Jeremy

We'll be setting up a way for you to download specific cache waypoints directly to your GPS shortly.

As for the images, we're working on that too. Be patient! It's coming icon_smile.gif

Jeremy