Associating GPX files with Watcher

nikcap

I want to open GPX file with Watcher simply by double clicking on the GPX file. Easy GPS is the default, and when I use the Open With tool to default .GPX files to Watcher, it open Watcher and Watcher asks for a GPX file to open. (It doesn't automatically open the GPX file I double clicked)

How do I accomplish this?

Thanks

(Sorry if this is redundant.)

I get this a lot from users of GPI. This is how to do it with Win2K and XP.

1. You'll want to go into any explorer window then go to "FOLDER OPTIONS"

2. From there pick the "File Types" tab at the top.

3. Scroll down to the GPX extension (which should show easy GPS)

4. Click the "CHange button" and select whichever application you want to associate it with.

--

SpongeRob

rwmech@keenpeople.com

www.keenpeople.com

WPWU826

Cache'n Retrievers

crlogo.gif

Thanks for the reply, but associating the GPX extension with Watcher is the easy part. Actually getting Watcher to open the GPX file automatically is another story.

Watcher's default when launching is to prompt for a GPX file to open. (At least this is on my machine)

Drag and drop does the same thing.

What I want is when I double click on a GPX Watcher launches and imports the selected GPX file automatically.

Unfortunately, whenever you use EasyGPS, it will steal away the file association, and apply it to itself. In the programming world, we have a technical term for this, called "being a total jerk". Usually, this type of arrogant code writing style is reserved for Microsoft.

3608_2800.gif

"Don't mess with a geocacher. We know all the best places to hide a body."

See the format below nothing real special just need the quotes and spaces in the correct locations.

1. Create a new shortcut on the desktop or wherever for watcher.

2. Right Click Go to the properties

3. In the Target field go to the end and place the fully defined path to the file you want to open.

Here is what the target looks like on mine. You will need to substitue in the correct path and file. There is a space between the last quotes and the file to open.

"C:Documents and SettingsSPangeMy DocumentsGPSWatcherWatcher.exe" C:Documents and SettingsSangeMy DocumentsGPSspinnerspinner_large.gpx