Magellan GPS 315 and Microsoft Streets 98

Guest tbird2340

Guest tbird2340

Does anyone know if the Magellan GPS 315 works with Streets 98? I'm running NT 40 w/ Streets 98 installed and the GPS Addon option. I go into the GPS control panel and it does not find the GPS 315 nor does it have a driver for it to add it manually. Anyone know what I can do??? Thanks!

Guest BigDoggie

I had trouble getting my Magellan 315 to work with the EasyGPS software.

Hidden deep in your manual, locate the section on BAUD or BAUD RATE (it is in the index) and make sure your BAUD matches up with what the software expects.

EasyGPS expects 9600. My Magellan was set for 4800... so the two could not communicate.

If you don't know what the software expects, try 9600.

------------------

Interested in Geocaching in the state of Georgia? Visit the Georgia Geocachers Association home page at http://www.ggaonline.org

Guest Vagabond

If I remember correctly you have to go into your install disk for street or trips and go to the gps section to download the drivers, if you can get a hold of the 2000 expedia its a lot better program I like it better then 2001 which I have also once you get your gps setup it will work with any of these