Looking for GPS to upgrade to. . .

Get a Magellan Map 330 or a Meridian Green.

Skip the Sportrak Yellow and Sportrak Map. They are good units, but are pretty much repackaged Map 330's. The Sportrak Pro might be worth getting, as it has expandable memory.

I would really say get a Map 330, as the case and buttons are pretty much the same as the 315, so it will be easier to adjust to the newer unit.

Plus, if you have any accessories for your 315, you can use them with the M330.

Just my Geocoin's worth...

Art

www.yankeetoys.org

www.BudBuilt.com

http://www.ttora-ne.mainpage.net/

I upgraded mine to version 3.15 and the .01 miles problem went away. Also, the averaging was adjusted so it won't kick in unless you are moving less than .5 mph which made a big difference on the accuracy. Give version 3.15 a try, and then decide. You'll probably be a lot happier with it.

Thanks for the help guys.

Yes, NT, we do know each other, though, I don't think we've met.

Now, where to get a PC cable for the 315 that doesn't cost $50.

I'm looking for just the Pc cable (not with cig adapter). Anyone know where?

I found a Meridian PC cable online, and wonder if that one will work with a 315 series. Anyone know if this does?

Thanks.

As long as you're not going to use the cable with a mobile GPS mount, and only on a PC at home, YES, the Sportrak/Meridian cable will work.

The cables are the same, except the face of the plug that mates to the back of the GPS's is molded slightly different so the fit is not as secure, but they are interchangeable as long as you're not moving them around too much.

The 300 series are flat on the back, and the Sportrak/Meridians have a slight curve.

Art

www.yankeetoys.org

www.BudBuilt.com

http://www.ttora-ne.mainpage.net/

My Mag 315 changes to feet when you get closer that .1 miles.

After reading previous posts I updated my 315 to v3.15, however after using it today, my range did not change from mi to ft icon_frown.gif Is there somthing else I need to change somewhere in the setup? Thanks.

"We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done." Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

migo_sig_logo.jpg

I have both the Platinum and the GPS 315, and they are not interchangeable exactly, as far as the data power cables. You would not be able to use the cable for the GPS 315 on the Meridian, but is kinda possible the other way around. The Screw threads are slightly different. The Meridian cable has a flat faced connector on it. I have tried it myself. I ended up buying a data/power cable for my Platinum, even though I have a data/power cable for the GPS 315.

Because of the curve on the back of my GPS 315, the Meridian cable has a loose connection.

You may be able to modify a Meridian cable slightly so it will work just as good on a Meridian as well as the GPS 315. Just add a slight curve to the connector with some sandpaper, but not too much.

------------------------

5_Rubik.gifMy home page about GPS units and information

quote:
Originally posted by Time Travelers:

Thanks for your reply. I've reinstalled the 3.15 software about three times now, what do you mean by 'resetting the gps'?

Still trying, Linda

_"We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done." Henry Wadsworth Longfellow_

http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

into the setup option in the menu and select clear memeory, reset defaults should do what you want.

You know, it may have been there all the time icon_redface.gif

I was expecting to see the 'Plot Screen' scale change from mi to ft... But after resetting as you've suggested, I see the NAV 2 Screen has a Distance Scale as well (which I had previously turned off icon_eek.gif ) Thanks again for your help, now all I need is a little daylight... icon_wink.gif

"We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done." Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

migo_sig_logo.jpg