ExpertGPS purchased copy behaves like trial version

DWL

After two months of excellent service my purchased copy of expertGPS is not downloading parts of the map mosaic but is substituting no-access symbols like it did during my trial period. The timing of this problem is bad because the program developers are traveling and support is limited. I tried reinstalling the program and reentering the registration code sequence. The problem persists.

The missing map parts are within scanned map grids and surrounded by images, so it seems that the entire grid isn't missing from the database.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Can anyone reproduce the problem? Go to N30 53.730 - W093 04.294 or N30 31.330 - W092 54.560.

Thanks

The first thing to do is make sure that internet image retrieval is enabled. It is the leftmost button on the right section of the toolbar, a globe with an up arrow and a down arrow. Once you are sure retrieval is enabled, try loading maps for an entirely new area. It should work.

Are all the map blocks showing the no access symbol or are there no access sections interspersed with map sections? I registered a long time ago so I only vaguely remeber this, but I had a little trouble getting it to fill in the holes in areas I had loaded before it was registered. I think I had to close ExpertGPS and then reopen to get it to load those sections. That might be the problem you are having. Loading maps for a new area would avoid this issue. Once you get it working right, you can retry the old areas.

Good luck.

rdw