Pocket Topo Availability

DadONine

sorry Daddy,

But I looked for you and sure enough it looks like the only way to get the unlock code is by phone and during "standard business hours". My guestion is what if I'm a night watchman, does that mean "My" standard business hours. I'm not sure why but the map companies seem to be really far behind in technology. Your right, today you should be able to buy the code at any time of day and any day of the week. But it at so...

"It's a dull mind that spells a word one way"

DadONine,

I am sorry to say that you will have to wait until Monday to call and get your activation code. I have been playing with mine (NC State) for about a month now and it's not too bad. I wish there were some more features but that's the way it goes. I have been trying MapTech's demo this weekend and overall it is cheaper if you want more than just one state's maps but it has some "features" that cause me to seriously consider not getting it. All in all, if you already have NG Topo, Pocket Topo is quite handy.

RingXero, I don't like the fact that you can't have a seamless topo map. If you download 4 maps that are side by side you can't make them seamless (at least I could not with the demo). Also, the version that I am looking at does not have track or route capability. Otherwise I like the program.

I have been playing around with the NC version of pocket Topo and it is o.k. but nothing to "write home" about. I would like to be able to get a constant lan/long whenever I touch the screen or move the stylus arcoss the screen. It would also be nice if you could turn off the four lines that intersect with the GPS location. I guess I'm picky. Has anyone figured out if you can import waypoints? I don't think you can. icon_frown.gif