eTrex Legend firmware v3.40

I have had a Legend for two weeks and it came loaded with v3.20 firmware. In two weeks I have never been able to receive the WAAS satellite signal. Last night, I upgraded the firmware to v3.40 and now WAAS works great! If you were experiencing the same situation, you might want to give 3.40 a try.

Here is what Garmin says the changes to 3.40 are:

Updated French translations.

Improved WAAS/EGNOS satellite selection algorithm to select the satellite with the most beneficial corrections given the unit's current position. A unit will not use a WAAS/EGNOS satellite if the unit's current position is outside of a given WAAS/EGNOS satellite's service volume.

Improved external power detection.

I haven't been getting good WAAS reception since I got my Legend back from Garmin last week.

I used to get pretty regular service and did manage a lock on one satellite (with the 'D' showing up) but again very irregularly.

Fivebushs' note seems to say that the lock won't take place if outside of the service volume and maybe that's the reason why.

I've upgraded to 3.4 and we'll have to wait and see. If it continues, I'll be calling Garmin once again.

Even though you enter the wrong waypoint....you're still in the right spot!