Microsoft Streets and Trips 2001

bobmcc

Trying to get into Geocaching with min $. Using an old win95 laptop and $99.00 generic GPS receiver. The receiver works great in MS Streets and Trip 2002 but using win95 the only thing you can use in MS Streets and Trips 2001 and it only works sporadically. I've tried all the com1 port settings and have tested the GPS unit every time with hyperterminal and it always puts out the data.

I'm thinking is MS S & T. Anyone else had similar experience?

Thanks

I use S&T 2001 A LOT and have been *very* impressed with it. I would say it is darn near bullet-proof (and thats not an adjective I use much when talking about MS icon_wink.gif )

I use 2001 on both my new W2k laptop and the older home W95 desktop (as I wanted to keep the same data files). I played with a buddy's version 2002 and didn't see any difference in the map data.

But sorry, I don't have suggestions as to what might be causing your problems.

I use S&T 2001 A LOT and have been *very* impressed with it. I would say it is darn near bullet-proof (and thats not an adjective I use much when talking about MS icon_wink.gif )

I use 2001 on both my new W2k laptop and the older home W95 desktop (as I wanted to keep the same data files). I played with a buddy's version 2002 and didn't see any difference in the map data.

But sorry, I don't have suggestions as to what might be causing your problems.

It might be that S&T only updates the position once every 15 seconds. There is a patch available some where off the internet for free. I not sure of the address, but I imagen(SP?) some one else does.

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.