DeLorme & Waypoints

Ok I have DeLorme Street Atlas and what I would like to do is make a map of the cache I want to visit by entering there cords into the map software. The idea is to have something like a pushpin map so i can see where I want to go in relation to what I have to do icon_smile.gif

This will help keep me from back tracking and it will also give me more detail as to were to drop off to start looking.

Down the road I am planing on mounting a laptop in the car hooked to the GPS for on the fly mapping and what not.

-Robert aka RobAGD

for some reason teh forums dont like myt other account icon_frown.gif

You could down load (EasyGPS / EpertGPS) http://www.expertgps.com/default.asp , EasyGPS waypoint management software, for free, this will give you the option to download your cache waypoints from Geocaching to a file created by EasyGPS, up load to your GPS, then download from your GPS to your DeLorme Street Atlas. Being that Delorme and Geocaching are not compatible I don’t know of any other way to transfer information. You may want to check Geobuddy www.geobuddy.com , I’ve read several posting on this waypoint management software, and I believe this is also free.

I use XpertGPS, works like EasyGPS but with topo mapping features great tool for only $60.00.

Any one else has any sampler suggestions icon_confused.gif.