Mapsource Upgrade ????

Guest Hawk-eye

Guest Hawk-eye

Mapsource just upgraded to 4.06 .... here are the changes:

1-Changed version number from 4.05 to 4.06.

2-Added support for GPS 12 Arabic.

3-Corrected various misspellings.

4-Fixed problem which caused very small download regions not to be selected at high zoom scales

Is it just me or does that second one seem a little strange??????? icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Prime Suspect

quote:
Originally posted by Olar:

It being version 4.00 should I upgrade to the 4.06 or is it for other Mapsourse map sets?

Thanks, Olar

The upgrade is for Mapsource only (the GUI interface for your PC that allows you to work with map sets). It will not upgrade the maps.

quote:
Originally posted by Hawk-eye:

Mapsource just upgraded to 4.06 .... here are the changes:

2-Added support for GPS 12 Arabic.

Is it just me or does that second one seem a little strange??????? icon_biggrin.gif

We certainly don't want to accidentally hit Northern Alliance positions, but we may not want to hand out our military GPS units to them. I wonder if Garmin might be getting some extra sales so their forces can let us know exactly where they are.

Guest Prime Suspect

quote:
Originally posted by peter:

We certainly don't want to accidentally hit Northern Alliance positions, but we may not want to hand out our military GPS units to them. I wonder if Garmin might be getting some extra sales so their forces can let us know exactly where they are.

Okay, so who wants to submit some Garmin eTrex waypoint icons for the Northern Alliance and the Taliban? Let's see some artwork!