DeLorme Route making

Guest DrewG

Guest DrewG

I've borrow the DeLorme Topozone 2.0 software from a guy at work and I'm toying with making a route for a trip I'm taking tomorrow. The problem is that my Magellan 315 doesn't seem to like routes longer than 31 waypoints and the (probably overly precise) route that I have plotted is 91 waypoints long. Is there any way around this? Will I have to have either a very imprecise route or many routes chained back to back? I suspect I may not be doing everything exactly right, but I'm going by trial and error.

Guest Artful Dodger

When I started creating routes on my ROads & Recreation, I placed waypoints all over the place...when the road curved, when the road passed a few points of interest etc. Before I knew it, I had a lot of waypoints. When driving, my GPS would constantly beep alerting me to the various waypoints. I kept wondering whether I was supposed to turn off or keep going. I now only create waypoints on the routes at places/intersections that require a conscious deviation like a turn so I prepare for it when the GPS beeps. This has drastically reduced the unnecessary waypoints. I hope this helps somewhat. icon_smile.gif

Guest Artful Dodger

When I started creating routes on my ROads & Recreation, I placed waypoints all over the place...when the road curved, when the road passed a few points of interest etc. Before I knew it, I had a lot of waypoints. When driving, my GPS would constantly beep alerting me to the various waypoints. I kept wondering whether I was supposed to turn off or keep going. I now only create waypoints on the routes at places/intersections that require a conscious deviation like a turn so I prepare for it when the GPS beeps. This has drastically reduced the unnecessary waypoints. I hope this helps somewhat. icon_smile.gif