Finding Coordinates on eTrex Vista?

MotorBug

Hi. Recently bought a Vista. Found my first two caches today and am hooked! But can't get EasyGPS to work (crashes my machine when I try to download to the GPS) so would like to know if there is a way to get the coordinates in the Vista, other than by panning the map, which is a drag.

If you have any ideas on the EasyGPS problem, let me know. Win 98SE on a HP6880C which usually works fine on stuff.

Thanks, Tom

[This message was edited by tdmcfall on August 17, 2003 at 11:59 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by tdmcfall:

Hi. Recently bought a Vista. Found my first two caches today and am hooked! But can't get EasyGPS to work (crashes my machine when I try to download to the GPS) so would like to know if there is a way to get the coordinates in the Vista, other than by panning the map, which is a drag.

Hold down the click-stik. This will create a new waypoint. Then just edit it to the coordinates you want. That's the usual way to enter waypoints. You might give the manual a read-through.

3608_2800.gif

"Don't mess with a geocacher. We know all the best places to hide a body."

quote:
Originally posted by tdmcfall:

can't get EasyGPS to work (crashes my machine when I try to download to the GPS)

If you have any ideas on the EasyGPS problem, let me know. Win 98SE on a HP6880C which usually works fine on stuff....

Now to get EasyGPS working.....

Do you have a PDA which uses the same port?

if so (disable/stop) the software.

You may not have the correct Comm port selected?

com1 com2 com3 or com4 are the usual choices.

Im not aware of ether crashing a machine but would keep the transfer from working.

The easyGPS author does read the fourms here, but if he misses it... contact him thru his site I found him to be verry helpful.

More rules = Less fun!

geocachingdb_button.giftexasgeocaching_sm.gifntga_button.gif